For me, the new year is a chance to reevaluate, reprioritize and refresh.
As I’m going through Apartment Therapy’s January Cure, I’m thinking about how easily people these days give up on their goals.
The sad truth is that nearly 80% of us will fall off the resolution bandwagon by Super Bowl Sunday; and by this time next year, a mere 5% of us will have succeeded in reaching our goals.
via Dr. Travis Bradberry’s “How To Exceed Your Goals In 2016″
Just last night, I was tempted to give up on a goal that I set for myself at the beginning of the year with my church, and hadn’t yet broken. But let me tell you: I have such amazing friends. One of them realized what was going on, took my hand and walked through it with me.
Although I thought about not including it, I read this amazing post on Propel Women recently that made me change my mind... I’d like to share that at the end of 2015, I renewed my commitment to my faith by getting re-baptized. Talk about feeling refreshed!
This new year, my goals and plans include...
- Growing in my relationship with God and in the understanding that without Him, none of these other things would even be possible
- Becoming a better leader in various spheres of life
- Traveling - international trip, +5 new states, camping
- Starting a new job
- Developing my mind through reading, staying current on my languages, returning to my guitar
- Being more confident in myself and my decisions
- Stepping up my style and venturing toward creating “capsule wardrobe” (yes, you can blame Pinterest for that one)
- Expanding my side hustle
My hope is that in sharing these 2016 goals with you - my family and friends - that you’ll both encourage me and help hold me accountable to accomplishing them.
Love and blessings,
Democrats' Senate dream slips away https://t.co/W3iJuCEnVh via @alexi1 week ago
Hires rise to highest level in 17 years https://t.co/8QoXpHP9Nt1 week ago
Aaaand Amazon expands into yet another market. https://t.co/4RTZ9Bb8uN2 weeks ago
Wow, but agree @justin_hart https://t.co/ruTFxmOhMW3 weeks ago
Amazon says it has to build out its own services to handle the surging number of online orders that UPS, FedEx and… https://t.co/qOKvPiNTRZ3 weeks ago